Amla (Indian gooseberry)
Amla is considered as a magic herb according to Ayurveda!!
Ayurveda states “Amlakam Vaya sthapanam” means it is a longevity promoting herb.
It is considered as the best antioxidant, immuno-modulator and rejuvenating herb. It helps to balance all three doshas in the body and eliminate the underlying cause of many diseases. Amla is a rich source of vitamin C. It is an essential nutrient involved in the repair of tissues and the enzymatic production of certain neurotransmitters. It is also important to build immunity system and also act as an antioxidant. Researchers have proven that vitamin c act as a natural Antihistamine and boost the immune system. It can also reduce the severity of colds and flu.
Health Benefits of Amla
- Boost Immunity
- Reduce Cholesterol
- Improve heart health
- Fight free radicals that cause ageing and diseases like cancer and heart problems
- Burn fat
- Improve Digestion
- Healthier for Skin and hair
- Improve Eyesight.
- Prevent Hypertension
- Nourish Respiratory System
- Fight common cold and flu
- Flush out toxins
- Balance stomach acid levels
- Support liver function
- Regulate the urinary system
Different ways to use Amla
- Chop them into small slices and eat them with honey / jaggery/ rock salt.
- Boil them with turmeric (haldi) and salt. Chop them into slices and consume them directly or with honey/jaggery
- Chop into small slices and dry them in the sun.
- Amla candy – Boil them in plain water and chop into small slices, then dry them in sun with sugar
- Amla juice -mix well grated amla with water and drink it in the morning (honey is optional)
- Make Amla pickle.
- Make Amla chutney.
- Cook Amla into sabzi.
- Amla Murabba
- Amla powder – take 1 tsp of amla powder with luke warm water in the morning.
Home remedies of Amla
- Drink 20-30 ml amla juice with equal proportion of jamun (Indian blackberry) and karela juice (bitter gourd) to manage diabetes better.
- Take amla juice with aloe vera juice to manage high cholesterol levels. It also helps to solve hair problems.
- Take amla juice with carrot and beetroot juice for better eyesight.
- Take 1tsp amla powder it also helps in detoxifying the ill-effects of junk food.
- Take two teaspoon of amla juice with equal portion of honey to treat cold and cough.
- Take 1 tsp chyavanprash with turmeric and ginger milk to treat cold and cough
- Mix 1 teaspoon amla powder in water and gargle with it twice a day to get rid of mouth ulcers.
- Dab cotton swab into fresh amla juice and apply it on the face to fight marks, pigmentation and blemishes.
- Make a scrub with half cup blended fresh amla or amlapowder, half a cup granulated sugar and one tablespoon rose water. Use it gently to scrub the skin to exfoliate skin.
- Use amla oil or mix amla powder in henna and apply on your hair to stimulating hair growth.
To Know more about Amla do watch our expert Video Vdy. Shrikrishna Khandel
YouTube link: https://youtu.be/Z-fJkiswmzA
Contact us on 0141-4024645, 9772828871.
For further queries consult our experts